1. These terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and Charge Net that governs Your use of the Charge Net Payment Platform and Rapid Charge Stations owned and/or operated by Charge Net.
Your application for a Charge Net Login confirms Your agreement to be bound by of these terms and conditions. You also agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the owner of any electric vehicle which is used to receive Vehicle Charging Services paid for using any Token registered to You and connected to Your Login, and warrant that You have authority of such persons to do so.
You agree that Charge Net has the right to vary, delete or supplement these terms and conditions at any time. Any such variations, deletions or supplementations will be notified by publication on Charge Net’s website, and shall take effect once published in that way.
2. Your Login
In order to use the Charge Net Payment Platform, You must first register a Login via the Charge Net website. Your Login will allow you to register a payment method and request Tokens. You can delete Your Login at any time. If you do, you will no longer be able to use the Charge Net Payment Platform.
3. Charge Net Services
The Charge Net Payment Platform allows users to pay for Vehicle Charging Services at Rapid Charge Stations which are either owned and/or operated by Charge Net, or ones owned and/or operated by third parties participating in the Charge Net Payment Platform.
To use Charge Net, you must present a Token at the Rapid Charge Station. Payments for charging are deducted monthly following an emailed invoice. Types of Tokens currently available include:
- Plugshare App.
- Authorisation of the Rapid Charge Station via our website.
- Authorisation via your instructions to us.
Charge Net currently accepts the following payment methods: Visa and MasterCard.
Once you have created a Login, Charge Net will issue you with the Tokens of your choice.
You agree not to use, or attempt to use, any Rapid Charge Station for any other purpose than to charge an electric vehicle.
Charge Net reserves the right to refuse or suspend access to any Rapid Charge Station it owns and/or operates at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion in respect of any person.
Charge Net does not guarantee access to any Rapid Charge Station and is under no obligation to ensure the availability of Rapid Charge Stations. Charge Net does not guarantee the compatibility of any Rapid Charge Station with Your electric vehicle, or the performance of any Rapid Charge Station.
4. Payment for Charging Services
You will need to register a valid payment method against Your Login to pay for Vehicle Charging Services. To use the Charge Net Payment Platform You will need to have credit or other means of paying for your monthly invoice. We prefer that a valid payment method remains registered via your Login for that purpose. If You receive a Voucher, then you will not need to register a valid payment method to pay until you have exhausted the credit. If You use Vehicle Charging Services and do not arrange to pay for them, then Your continued use of the Charge Net Payment Platform may be suspended in our discretion and we may take enforcement action.
You warrant to Charge Net that the payment method details registered are accurate and that You are authorised to use the relevant payment method. You can change or update the relevant payment method details at any time via Your Login.
By registering a payment method via Your Login, You authorise Charge Net to charge payments for Vehicle Charging Services, fees or taxes to the payment method registered against Your Login and agree to take no steps to reverse, vary or otherwise interfere with these charges.
Presenting a Token at a Rapid Charge Station will authorise us to debit the registered payment method for the amount of Vehicle Charging Services purchased. You will be billed monthly for the Vehicle Charging Services purchased. You authorise Charge Net to make any payments in connection with the provision of Vehicle Charging Services from the registered payment method.
Without limiting our statutory obligations, Charge Net reserves the right to charge for any government rates, taxes, charges or duties which are, or which may be, imposed or charge upon transaction involving Your Login, whether or not You are primarily liable for those rates, taxes, charges or duties, as part of the price for the Vehicle Charging Services.
Where You have credit from a Voucher, Charge Net will deduct such sums from the credit connected with the Voucher.
Any credit from a Voucher may only be used for Vehicle Charging Services and any other amounts payable by You in connection with the Charge Net Payment Platform. Any credit from a Voucher is not refundable or able to be exchanged for cash.
Prices for using Vehicle Charging Services are set by the owner or operator of the Rapid Charge Station used. Charge Net’s prices for Vehicle Charging Services at Rapid Charge Stations it operates can be found at www.charge.net.nz. These are subject to change at any time. Charge Net does not give any warranties in respect of prices charged or services provided by other operators of Rapid Charge Stations participating in the Charge Net Payment Platform.
Tokens in general
You may only use Tokens issued to Your Login to pay for Vehicle Charging Services using the Charge Net Payment Platform. You must not allow any Token to be used for any other purpose and must not resell or allow any Token to be used by another person or entity.
Charge Net may alter the types of available Tokens at any time without prior notice to You but intends to continue using all currently available types of Tokens for the foreseeable future.
If Charge Net issues an RFID to You it remains the property of Charge Net at all times. Charge Net reserves the right to cancel any RFID at any time and without notice to you.
You agree to return any RFID issued to You by Charge Net when the RFID is cancelled or reissued, your Login is deleted, or when we ask you to do so. Charge Net accepts no liability for the cost of returning the RFID to Charge Net.
You are responsible for ensuring the safe custody and authorised use of any RFID issued to you by Charge Net at all times. You must notify Charge Net immediately by phoning 0800 2 24274 (0800 2 CHARGE) as soon as you become aware that any RFID issued to You has been lost, stolen or used in an unauthorised fashion. You will be liable for all transactions occurring before we receive your notification.
Charge Net reserves the right to charge a fee for the provision of a replacement RFID.
6. Suspension and cancellation of services by Charge Net
Charge Net may cancel or suspend Your Login and Your right to use any Token or Tokens at any time and without prior notice to you for any of the following reasons: (i) Your abuse or misuse of any Token, any Rapid Charge Station or Vehicle Charging Services; (ii) providing false or inaccurate information to Charge Net; or (iii) any cancellation, reversal or dishonour in respect of the payment method registered against Your Login.
Cancellation or suspension will take effect immediately and you will be liable for all charges incurred prior to cancellation or suspension.
8. Governing law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts to resolve any disputes arising under or in relation to these terms and conditions of your use of any Rapid Charge Station or the Charge Net Payment Platform.
In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Charge Net means Charge Net NZ Limited.
- Charge Net Payment Platform is the system used by Charge Net to accept payment for Vehicle Charging Services.
- Login means the user profile created for you via the Charge Net website for the purposes of managing your Tokens and registration of the payment method used for payment for the Vehicle Charging Services via the Charge Net Payment Platform.
- Plugshare App is the smartphone application which is linked to your Account to enable you to access and pay for Charge Net Services through the Charge Net Payment Platform.
- Rapid Charge Station means a rapid charge station for electronic vehicles which accepts payments via the Charge Net Payment Platform and station by which Charge Net Services are delivered.
- RFID means the unique Radio Frequency Identification Card which may be issued to you as a form of Token.
- SMS means any text messaging service used by Charge Net that interoperates with Your mobile phone and the Charge Net Payment Platform.
- Terms and Conditions means all of these terms and conditions and any changes made to them from time to time.
- Token means any token of any type (including RFID) approved by Charge Net and linked to your Login and the payment method registered via Your Login to enable you to access and pay for Vehicle Charging Services through the Charge Net Payment Platform.
- Vehicle Charging Services are charging services for electric vehicles provided by Charge Net or third parties participating in the Charge Net Payment Platform.
- Voucher means a credit against Your Login.
- You and Your means the registered user of the Charge Net Payment Platform.